Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bunnybeard

There are some new captain bunnybeard pirate ship items in my Bunnybeard Shop! Feel free to stop in and have a look if you like pirates or bunnies or you're amused by the idea of rabbits who plunder.













Since this post is pirate themed I thought I'd share a link about some real buried treasure on a tiny island off the coast of Nova Scotia. The story is fascinating and I can't help but wonder where the treasure came from. The article has some interesting theories about that.

I've been watching the anime series Last Exile lately and I feel that it's a good time to mention it. This is a steampunkish series with gorgeous animation and very detailed sky ships and scenery. The protagonists are young couriers named Claus and Lavie who have to deliver some mysterious cargo to the battleship "Silvana". Though most of the action occurs in the sky, the ships do battle with eachother while in flight and the protagonists encounter obstacles such as pirates which is why I'm including it in this post. That's all I'm going to mention here for fear of spoiling it for you but I highly recommend it.
























Archie Mcphee has some pretty great pirate stuff for sale including these magnets. They also sell some grogflavored mints but I can't be sure the grog flavor should be a selling point since I've never tasted grog.

4 comments:

spleenal said...

cool designs

Toxiferous said...

Thanks! I just checked out your blog and your comics are amazing. :)

Jim Bradford said...

Last Exile looks pretty kick ass. I'm going to check that out for sure.

Also, if you haven't seen it - I'd definitely recommend Samurai X. It's a movie that is part of the Rurouni Kenshin series (and way better than the series, might I add). Good stuff.

Toxiferous said...

I haven't seen Samurai X yet but I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation!

 
Ownership and copyright of all images displayed within this site belong to their respective owners, artists or creators.
Blog design by suckmylolly.com and Toxiferous Designs.

Zazzle.com and Cafepress are my fulfillment company partners and I may earn a commission on any products sold through those links.
I'm an Amazon associate and may earn a commission from any sales through Amazon links.